- FORGOT PASSWORD PATTERN LOCK HARD RESET FOR YOUR MOTOROLA DROID PRO XT610
for all the android phone you must create a gmail email and password before you can start using the android market place, or now it's changed it's name to Google Play.it's really cool feature because google will automatically backup your contacts. if you change to another android phone, you only need to sign in to with the old gmail email and password then all your contacts will automatically. Even if you change to another carrier,your contacts will still copy. basically you got yourself a auto contact backup for using android.and you can also sign in to Google.com and find your contacts there also. Edit and Delete from Google/contact and your phone will be updated too. cool feature.
down side is if you forget your gmail and password, then you are in trouble.
users get in trouble when they lock themself out and gmail email and password is the only way to override the forgot password or pattern. at this time the only solution is to hard reset the phone.
you will loose everything except what's stored on you memory card,pictures, song, videos etc
your contacts are still saved in Google's database or if you can figure out, you can keep trying will Google.com even after you wiped your device.
Anyway, here's instruction for resetting your device
- Press R + M keys and power the phone.
- You will see Exclamation mark, then press the vol up + vol down key
- Select "wipe data/factory reset" using volume key as navigation and enter key for selection
- Select "Yes" and enter, you will see wiping data for a while, and then it will go back to previous screen.
- Select "Reboot system now" and press enter
- Phone should power up to idle screen or Android Logo.
- you will need to start everything over again. recreate gmail and password.( write it down this time)
download all your apps again..